Your child’s smile will be with her for a lifetime – so proper orthodontic care is an investment in the future. Orthodontists help to correct dentition problems, providing your child with a healthy smile and preventing many dental issues from developing later in life. Smiles for Kids Dentistry & Orthodontics
offers a variety of orthodontics treatments for lasting results.
Purpose of Orthodontic Appliances
treat irregularities in teeth and jaws. Issues like gaps in teeth, overbite/underbite, crooked teeth and crowding can all be corrected with orthodontic appliances. These treatments are especially effective and valuable in children, as young mouths are still developing and respond especially well to treatment.
Common Orthodontic Appliances
Depending on your child’s needs, we can utilize a number of orthodontic appliances to correct issues of dental alignment and spacing. These include:
- Braces: The most common type of orthodontic device, braces work by applying gentle, constant pressure to the teeth, moving them into a straight alignment.
- Retainers: Generally used after the removal of braces, retainers hold teeth into their new position so that the supporting tissue can grow into place.
- Bite Plates: This device is used to correct malocclusion (overbite and underbite).
- Holding Arches: These work to hold molars in place and prevent them from moving forward and crowding the mouth.
- Headgear: This device can help to prevent or correct an overbite, as well as other alignment issues.
Many other devices may be utilized, depending on your child’s individual needs. Contact
our orthodontists today to schedule a consultation so we can develop a personalized treatment plan for your child.
Learn more about our orthodontist services – Call 505-892-9010 for the West Side or 505-299-9606 for the Northeast Heights.