The child dental office
at Smiles for Kids Dentistry & Orthodontics is hardly what you would call a clinic. We pride ourselves on providing a fun, cheerful environment for child dental procedures at our two locations in Albuquerque, NM.
When you choose us to be your dental home
, your child’s oral health will be taken care of by one of our friendly dentists from 9 months to 19 years of age. Additionally, we offer special needs dentistry to individuals up to age 26.
Pediatric Dental Procedures
Your child’s first tooth will typically come in between 6 and 12 months. Children begin to lose baby teeth
at about 6 years old. Adult teeth are typically fully grown in by age 12. At every stage of your child’s development, it’s important to take them in for a check-up so we can monitor your child for dental problems. Dental office visits should include:
Infant dental care up to 12 months:
- Your child should be taken in for their first check-up by nine months old.
- Injured teeth due to falls are a common child dental problem at this age. We offer 24/7 care for dental emergencies.
Children’s dental care up to age 12:
- Your child should receive a dental check-up every six months.
- Your child should have a fluoride treatment when they come in for a check-up.
- Dental sealants will be used to prevent cavities to your child’s molars. Studies have shown sealants prevent cavities by 50%.
Adolescent dental care up to age 19:
- Your child may begin thinking about orthodontics to improve their smile.
- Your child may require spacers to improve tooth alignment.
- Your child may need a mouth guard to protect against sports injuries. Mouth guards prevent about 200,000 serious oral injuries every year.
Child dental procedures may make your child feel apprehensive, especially at younger ages. Our philosophy
is to never force treatment on a child. For this reason, we are happy to provide nitrous oxide
to help them relax during treatment.
If your child is still anxious and uncooperative, we provide three levels of anesthesia dentistry
, beginning with oral sedation administered at one of our offices or at one of four local hospitals.
Our Child Dental Offices
Smiles for Kids Dentistry & Orthodontics provides comprehensive pediatric dental procedures to children, including fillings
, gum disease treatment
, dental crowns
and just about anything related to pediatric dental care
. Contact us
to set up an appointment with one of our friendly, caring dentists
Smiles for Kids Dentistry & Orthodontics strives to provide the best pediatric dentistry in Albuquerque, NM. Call our caring staff at our Westside location at 505-892-9010 or our Northeast Heights office at 505-299-9606 to set up an appointment.