The dentists at Smiles for Kids Dentistry & Orthodontics
provide a dental home
for children through age 19. Whether your child needs a routine check-up, has questions about oral hygiene or needs braces, our teen oral health specialists provide comprehensive oral health care to teens in and around Albuquerque, NM.
Tips for Good Teen Oral Hygiene
Dentists recommend check-ups
every six months to monitor your child’s oral health and catch any dental problems. For at-home preventative oral health care
, our dentist offer the following advice:
- Typically, issues like cavities and gum disease occur at this age due to lack of motivation to practice good oral hygiene.
- Tongue piercings should be avoided. Barbells used in tongue piercing may break teeth and lead to bacterial infections.
- The nerves in teen’s teeth are larger which makes them more susceptible to infection.
- Teens may become involved in contact sports, so encourage them to wear protective mouth gear.
- Speak with your teen’s dentist about oral health in adolescence.
Like children, eating and drinking sugary food can be an issue for teens’ oral hygiene. Dentists recommend keeping away from these foods, or brushing within 20 minutes of consumption to avoid oral health problems.
Your teen may be interested in creating a more aesthetic smile as they approach adulthood. Braces and dental crowns
may be options if your teen wants to approve the appearance of their smile. The adolescent dentists at Smiles for Kids Dentistry & Orthodontics have the ability to provide most dental procedures
Teen Oral Hygiene Dentists
The dentists at Smiles for Kids Dentistry & Orthodontics are happy to answer any questions you have about teen, child and infant dental health care
. Contact us
today to set up an appointment with our friendly, knowledgeable teen oral health specialists.
Smiles for Kids Dentistry & Orthodontics strives to provide the best pediatric dentistry in Albuquerque, NM. Call our caring staff at our Westside location at 505-892-9010 or our Northeast Heights office at 505-299-9606 to set up an appointment.